My Server Specs:
PHP Version: 5.2.3
Let’s install it:
- Downloaded and unzipped Kohana 3.0.7 on my Windows machine
- Upload to Server
- Edit application/bootstrap.php: Time zone Canada/Pacific, and base_url to appropriate path. By default base_url was set to / . I changed it to /directorywhereiinstalledkohana. (Reference: http://kohanaframework.org/guide/about.install)
- Application/logs and cache are 755 by default
- Loading www.technical-ebooks.com/dir/index.php was successful. It reports the Environment Tests have passed. Loading www.technical-ebooks.com/dir/index.php reports the same.
- Rename install.php
- When you load up www.technical-ebooks.com/dir/ in your browser, you should see hello, world! message. If you don’t see it, then reload the page in your browser (F5). When I loaded www.technical-ebooks.com/dir/index.php I get the same message of hello, wold! (Renaming install.php in above step is causing this change in behavior which is normal).